(1) The installation foundation of the wire drawing machine must be very stable to avoid vibration;
(2) During installation, the tensile axis of the wire rod should be symmetrical with the center line of the die hole through debugging to make the stress of the wire rod and the wire rod die uniform;
(3) Avoid frequent starting and stopping during the drawing process, because the friction caused by the tensile stress at the start of drawing is much greater than the friction during normal drawing, which will inevitably increase the wear of the mold.
In addition, the wire used for drawing must be pretreated: surface pretreatment and heat treatment.
(1) Surface pretreatment: For wires with a dirty surface and a lot of impurities adhered, they must be washed and dried before being drawn; for wires with more scale on the surface, they must be acid thin and baked. Drawing after drying; for wires with peeling, pitting, heavy skin and other phenomena on the surface, they must be polished by a grinder before drawing;
(2) Heat treatment: For wires with excessive hardness or uneven hardness, the hardness should be reduced by annealing or tempering, and the wire should be maintained with good hardness uniformity before being drawn.